Your digital wallet is where you store your Bitcoin. To select a Bitcoin wallet that’s right for you, visit Bitcoin.org.
Here are some recommendations of wallets, based on your operating system:
- If you’re an iOS user, check out Breadwallet,which is user-friendly and offers simple and quick steps to getting started in seconds.
- For Android users, we recommend Mycellium,which is reliable and has been tried-and-tested by hundreds of thousands of users worldwide.
- For Desktop users, both PC and Mac, we suggest Electrum,which is safe, fast and considered one of the most popular Bitcoin wallets around.
Don’t forget, there are multiple variations of the Bitcoin wallet that you can use. Choose from web, mobile, desktop or hardware when selecting storage that’s right for you. Here are a few differences among the types:
- Web: High convenience, but riskier as your Bitcoin is being stored using a third-party.
- Mobile: Easiest to use when you’re on the go.
- Desktop: Only you can access through your computer, but be careful with malware!
- Hardware: Offline and the most secure.
New to Bitcoin? Check out CoinGeek’s Bitcoin for Beginners section, the ultimate resource guide to learn more about Bitcoin—as originally envisioned by Satoshi Nakamoto—and blockchain.