Harnessing Digital Technologies for Job Creation, Inclusive Economic Growth and Sustainability
ABUJA, Nigeria, Oct. 25, 2023 — One of the most important events on the African continent for emerging tech, The Digital Nigeria International Conference is set to return in 2023 and promises to be bigger and better than ever before. In partnership with the BSV Blockchain and organized and sponsored by the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) and Domineum Blockchain Solutions, this highly anticipated event will take place at the prestigious Abuja International Conference Center. The conference’s blockchain segment is scheduled for the first day of the event, October 24, 2023.
With a global audience of over 10,000 in-person attendees and 5,000 set to join via livestream from across the world, the Digital Nigeria International Conference has become a must-attend event for industry enthusiasts, thought leaders, and innovators. Notably, the BSV Blockchain has been actively running educational and training programs in Nigeria, reflecting its unwavering commitment to the region’s development and the creation of education programs for emerging markets.
The Nigerian government’s preference for the BSV Blockchain over other alternatives underscores the significance of this event. The government has demonstrated its commitment to the blockchain sector by initiating the NITDA’s blockchain scholarship program, aiming to train 30,000 developers. With 12,248 graduates already completed and the third cohort set to begin next year, the program is sponsored by the BSV Blockchain and remains ongoing.
Some of the speakers at the event include:
- Eva Porres, CEO, Blockchain Smart Technologies
- Lise Li, Head of BSV Blockchain China Hub, CEO Shanghai Keyi Technology
- Dr. Catherine Lephoto, Executive Director, Global Partnerships, VX Technologies
- Lorien Gamaroff, CEO, Centbee
- Evan Freeman, Academy Strategic Lead and Content Creator, BSV Blockchain
Martin Coxall, Marketing Director at BSV Blockchain said, “The Digital Nigeria International Conference is a testament to the remarkable growth of the blockchain industry in Nigeria. We are proud to be a part of this educational journey, contributing to the development of emerging markets and fostering innovation. The Nigerian government’s support for BSV blockchain further emphasizes the importance of our work in the region.”
Mohammed Jega, Co-founder of Domineum Blockchain Solutions and BSV Ambassador added, “Domenium Blockchain is thrilled to join forces with the BSV Blockchain and partner with NITDA to bring the Digital Nigeria International Conference back in 2023. This event stands as a testament to the incredible growth of the blockchain industry in Nigeria and beyond. We look forward to engaging with industry leaders and thought innovators, at this exceptional conference, as we collectively shape the future of blockchain technology and its impact on the world.”
The agenda for the three-day conference from October 24th – 26th include:
- Day 1: Emerging Technologies such as Blockchain and AI – including tech talks, interactive demos of innovative applications, roundtable discussions, investor pitch sessions for start-ups, and workshops.
- Day 2: Consumer Tech/Creative Economy – featuring presentations, policy dialogues, a tech competition, networking opportunities with government officials, and an awards night honouring contributions to Nigeria’s digital economy.
- Day 3: GovTech and Innovation Challenge – featuring keynote speeches, panel discussions, a start-up showcase for innovative ventures, networking sessions for collaborations, and workshops on UX design, digital marketing, and content creation.
The event still welcomes applicants interested in sponsoring or exhibiting during the Digital Nigeria International Conference. Interested parties can submit sponsorship and exhibition requests via the provided form.
Those who wish to participate in the event can do so online or in person by registering at this link.
About BSV Blockchain:
One Blockchain for Everyone.
The BSV Association leads the BSV Blockchain for Enterprise and Government initiatives. This Switzerland-based global non-profit industry organisation supports the use of the BSV blockchain.
The BSV Blockchain oversees the creation of technical standards and educates enterprises, government agencies, start-up ventures, developers, and users on creating a global blockchain ecosystem. The original Bitcoin protocol and its scripting language provide powerful technical capabilities that BSV has restored.
New to blockchain? Check out CoinGeek’s Blockchain for Beginners section, the ultimate resource guide to learn more about blockchain technology.