The 2nd IEEE International Conference on Blockchain 2019
As a promising technique to achieve decentralized consensus, blockchain has been successfully applied into digital currency, e.g., bitcoin, for serving as a public ledger for transactions. Its secure design for supporting a distributed computing system with high fault tolerance is attracting wide attention all over the world. Blockchain has a great potential to create new foundations for our socio-economic systems by efficiently establishing trust among people and machines, reducing cost, and increasing utilization of resources. On one hand, blockchain will play an important role for secure decentralization in such emerging fields as Internet of Things, Cyber Physical Systems, edge computing, social networking, crowdsourcing and next generation wireless communications, and even more other fields. On the other hand, its advance should be further evolved in terms of scalability, privacy, efficiency, flexibility, availability and high dependability.
Following the great success of IEEE Blockchain 2018, held in July 30 – August 03, 2018, in Halifax, Canada, the 2019 IEEE International Conference on Blockchain (Blockchain-2019) will provide a high-profile, leading-edge forum for researchers, engineers, and practitioners to present latest advances and innovations in key theories, infrastructure, schemes, and significant applications for the blockchain, as well as to identify emerging research topics and define the future.
The emergence and popularity of blockchain techniques will significantly change the way of digital and networking systems’ operation and management. In the meantime, the application of blockchain will exhibit a variety of complicated problems and new requirements, which brings more open issues and challenges for research communities.he emergence and popularity of blockchain techniques will significantly change the way of digital and networking systems’ operation and management. In the meantime, the application of blockchain will exhibit a variety of complicated problems and new requirements, which brings more open issues and challenges for research communities.
IEEE Blockchain-2019 will be held on July 14 – July 17, 2019, in Atlanta, USA. The goal of this conference is to promote community-wide discussion identifying the advanced applications, technologies and theories for blockchain. We seek submissions of papers that invent novel techniques, investigate new applications, introduce advanced methodologies, propose promising research directions and discuss approaches for unsolved issues.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Theories of blockchain and distributed ledger technology
• Distributed consensus and fault tolerance mechanisms
• Security, privacy and trust of blockchain and distributed ledger technology
• Decentralization, scalability, and security tradeoff
• Performance analysis and optimization
• Simulation and performance evaluation techniques
• Smart contract and chain code
• Applications and services with blockchain and distributed ledger technology
• Protocols and algorithms based on blockchain
• Blockchain in the Internet of things (IoT)
• Blockchain in cyber physical systems
• Blockchain in social networking
• Blockchain in supply chain management
• Blockchain in agriculture
• Blockchain in connected and autonomous vehicles
• Blockchain in crowdsourcing and crowdsensing
• ŸBlockchain in mobile cellular networks
• Blockchain in edge and cloud computing